- went to the wedding of KDM's niece, who treated around 200 guests to a warm, lavish, roaring good time. KDM was even awarded his personal bottle of his fav whisky.
- KDM and bros played two-and-a-half rounds of golf, with one half rained out.
- stayed in a flashy casino, ate two buffets, won $100, lost $130. Net loss: $30.
- KDM drove about 900miles, I about 500.
- went to 3 different Sam's Club in 3 days, had tires rotated and balanced, twice, the second round done right by a solicitous, bustling, sweaty, mechanic named Mo. I know our paths will likely never cross again, but I will very likely never forget his face. In my home country folk's reckoning, a chance to behold the countenance of a passerby for just a moment requires a hundred years of karma from the previous life of both the beholder and the beheld.
Friday, August 10, 2012
We got home from our northernly trip last night. Here's a list of what we accomplished during the trip, in random order and/or degrees of significance:
Posted by izyperspective at 1:21 PM